Thursday, June 14, 2012

The time is now 11:17 am, Thursday, Taiwan time.  Though it sucked that we got in at 2:30 am, being able to sleep at night really does wonders for being able to get adjusted to the new time zone, in fact I feel great.  Today we plan to go to a near-by out-door sculpture garden, Zue Ming, and then drive to the coast to visit some very unique rock formations at Yue Lio Geo-Formations.  Both at quite famous in Taipei.  In between we'll stop at a port town for fresh sea food for lunch.  After the geo-formations we'll go into downtown Taipei for dinner at a very good Peking Duck restaurant.

Now I'm back home at the aunt's house in the mountains outside Taipei proper.  It seems that every time I visit Taiwan we're always treated to a sensory overload, great food, amazing scenery, and even better family.  It is so hard to pick one good experience because you have so many.  Each new experience seems to outdo the one before.  But if I absolutely had to pick one, it would be the chance to spend valuable time with my extended family.  I know, it's sort of a cop-out choice, but it is nonetheless true.  I have been really blessed with great family relations and each time we gather it is just so good to meet and catch up.

Well I'd better go.  We have to get up at 6:30 am tomorrow to catch a train for southern Taiwan to see more amazing things and eat even better food.  Sometime I'll start posting pictures and such.  But right now I'm so unbelievably tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment