Wednesday, September 12, 2012


Date:  Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Day 63 of 180

Thank you so much for your prayers as it seems that we have come to an agreed upon approach to what my role might be in the church, namely as an assistant to the youth ministries at TLC.  Because of my obvious language difficulties it became clear that a normal intern position at TLC would force me into an awkward situation where I would be unable to carry out certain capacities required of my intern role.  Therefore, my role has thus been modified into a form of volunteer position where I would be allowed to participate in as much or as little based on my personal preference.  In addition, I would continue to receive support from TLC to cover for the shortage in the financial support I received while still in the States.  Furthermore, the welcomed my desire to find counseling experience outside TLC.  As a result, my week would look like this.  On Tuesday and Wednesday, I would be allowed to work at the counseling clinic that I found.  Then from Thursday to Sunday, I would work at TLC helping out in a combination of Youth Ministry and Foreigner Zone activities, with Monday remaining my day off.

The area of concern from the start was whether or not TLC would allow me to continue to receive monetary support from them because of my reduced capacity to serve them.  However, because they had previously promised that I would receive support and this promise affected how I conducted my fund raising activities back in the States prior to coming to Taiwan, they concluded that it would be unfair to me if they broke their promise and retracted their financial support.  Thank God for this unbelievable accommodation.  Continually, God has been merciful in revealing His presence and steadfast faithfulness towards me every step in my Taiwan adventure.  This time in Taiwan continues to be a testimony of God’s perfect plan and perfect timing in providing for every one of my needs.  Just when I think that I’ve come to the end of my ropes in terms of ability and grace, God extends and provides even more grace and ability.  Though life has been hectic but exciting, the amazing constant amidst the chaos is my God.  I look forward for more opportunities to see my God act.  And this is why life is so exciting:  you never know how God will meet your need, you only know with absolute certainty that you will be amazed and astounded when He shows up.


                                                                                  Anxiously awaiting the blessings of my LORD,
                                                                                                                                        David Leong

No comments:

Post a Comment