Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Date:  Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Day 112 of 180.

Those of you who have been keeping tabs on this space will by now have realized my day count is WAY off.  Dang it.  Welp too late to change now.  Though in other news, this is my last month here in Taipei!  I'm not sure if I should be sad or excited.  However, I have been increasingly been made more aware of just how special this place has become to me during my stay here in the city.  I remember my first night:  a mixture of sadness, anger, and confusion.  Slowly and surely, God began the process of heating and reheating to purify my faith through this experience.  The people I've met and the experiences that I've had, all served to influence and spur growth in areas and in ways I never would have imagined.

I've said this so many times, but just like during the conquest of the Promise Land in the Old Testament, God wants to reward our faith with boundless and unimaginable blessings and gifts.  The only caveat is that we must take the step of faith to change what we know to be true into action.  Present the Gospel to the coworker, spark a more meaningful conversation with your waiter, or introduce yourself to your next door neighbors, and who knows what will happen?  Who knows how God will bless your act of faith.  Stop praying for faith and waiting for God to do something on your behalf like you're entitled to anything.  Grasp hold of the promises that God has for you and walk boldly into the unknown.

God says He will never leave you.  Volunteer at Feed My Starving Children or any other inner city ministry and bear witness to the hand of God in action in the supposed "dangerous parts of town."  God says nothing will ever separate you from His love.  Spend time with orphans and the underprivileged in your city and watch as your life and the kid's lives are transformed as you display God's love to them.  God promises to provide for and meet every need that you may have as you take your faith to greater heights.  Give generously to your Church or favorite charity and watch as God not only multiplies and compounds your gift, 10, 20 50, or 100 fold; but also blesses your life in ways and in areas you've never imagined.  God promises to answer every prayer.  Take risks with your prayers: pray Kingdom relevant prayers, pray "risky" prayers, be bold as you pray.  You have not because you ask not.  Don't be short-sighted or foolish with your prayers,  You have access to the Throne room of God, where every need or request will be met, shouldn't you pray world changing prayers?

I don't know.  All I know is don't just read my blog.  And don't just take my word for it.  Try it.  Put God to the test, put His promises to the test.  Do you have the guts to do it?  You might find them to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment